Hi everyone, and welcome back to another Quick Tip Tuesday episode. This week’s theme is called #ForYourself.
Each new year brings new goals. And after the chaotic year that was 2020, I bet that you, like many others, are starting to think about what kind of life you want to live in 2021.
Vyten helps business professionals level up in their career, to achieve a life with the pay and purpose that you deserve. You can find more information at www.vyten.com.
Today, I want to talk about taking a moment #ForYourself. It’s good to be laser-focused on the priorities for your career, business, family, health, and finances.
But, if you’re not in a good place personally, for yourself, first, then you won’t be able to bring your best self to the other areas of your life.
Here are 5 ways to improve yourself so that you can crush your goals this year.
- Have good weekly routines. Creating a better you starts with being in good physical shape. Make a point to stay active, even just walking for 30 minutes a few times a week is a good start. You can mix it up with jogging, biking, yoga, or other activities as well.
- Stay consistent with your morning and bedtime routines. Going to bed around the same time each day and winding down with the same routine helps give you time to decompress from your day. Avoid eating large meals or snacks right before bedtime. And try not to wind down with gadgets like your computer or tablet. The blue light can impact your sleep quality and alertness.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Find an area in your life where you can set a challenge for yourself. Do something different than you’re used to. This will expose you to a new context, allow you to grow personally while learning how to act with this new circumstance.
- Quit a bad habit or cultivate a new habit. If there are bad habits that you can lose, try to break the habit loop on something you’d like to stop doing, like oversleeping, being late, slouching, or smoking. At the same time, try to cultivate a new habit to move towards the life that you desire. Some new habits could be reading books, waking up early, exercising, or reading a personal development article or watching a video like this one once a day.
- Lastly, edit your life by surrounding yourself with people who pull you up. Jim Rohn says that you’re the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. So be purposeful to avoid negative people, and don’t spend time with others who drag you down. You can make a decision to avoid difficult people or others who aren’t helping you bring out your best self.
With these five simple ways to improve yourself, you’ll be in a better place to commit to your personal growth, so make a decision to own your own growth, and make a decision to commit to embracing yourself to a journey of growth and change.
Just taking a few minutes to put together a plan with these 5 steps, and staying focused to working on them can move you towards a life that you deserve.
The results may not be immediately, but as long as you keep with it, you’ll start seeing positive changes in yourself and your life.
Thanks so much for tuning in, wherever you’re watching this, scroll down and leave a comment for you.
I’ll see you next time.